Here in Texas the weather is very strange, don't get me wrong, I love it here and do not miss the Midwest nor West Coast weather with all the blizzards, snow boots, layers and layers, gloves, hats, scarves, earmuffs and snow up to wazoo. We started to have great weather, the past two weeks we averaged 75-80 degree weather, this past weekend it went down drastically to the 30's (yes northern states I am complaining!!). Don't like feeling cold, my fingers start getting numbbbbb (you see, can't even type) and I don't enjoy shivering like my little Chihuahua. Monday/Tuesday 40's, today 50's, Thursday 60's, Friday/Saturday 70's (that's what I'm talkin about) and on Sunday get this...89 degrees. So dear northern states can you please stop blowing that cold air down here, thank you very much.
Because of this crazy cold weather I have not been walking (started Feb. 15) I really don't feel like taking a stroll with a sweater, coat and gloves, ridiculous I say.
-----End of Broadcast-----
On to some crafty stuff, here are three Birthday cards I made this past weekend. The first two are 5.5x5.5, the third one is 3x3 and was used on a gift. I'm loving these paper flowers.
Wednesday, March 30, 2011
Wednesday, March 23, 2011
Ok...so it's been a while, crazy busy. You know when you have so many things to do and those thoughts are going in circles in your mind, nonstop, well I have two of those circles/rings going (what am I Saturn??). And for some reason I don't seam to advance, my brain is racing but my hands are in slow motion. What I think I need to do is make a list or two or three, for some reason I cannot function without lists, what is wrong with me!? Don't answer.
On my January post here I mentioned I was going to smile more, well sometimes that is just not possible, hey that's life right (typing this with a smile, true). So for the month of April (March is almost gone) I picked the word focus,
Well I am proud of me for "focusing" on walking 45 minutes to an hour, 4-5 days per week, started February 15. Listen this is
Also, I am working on a 12x12 wedding album, this one is very time consuming because you have to work around so many photographs. When doing scrapbooks without photos it feels so liberating, that is why when I went to my last local crop I completed an 8x8 wedding scrapbook, it's black, gray and pink, will post pics of it soon.
I just received the Versatile Blogger Award from Stacy from Love That Bug, that was so sweet, please check out her blog, she is very talented.
The rules of the Award are to:
1. Thank the person who sent it to you.
2. List 7 things about yourself (do you really what to know so much about me?)
3. Send this award to 15 other bloggers.
So here we go:
Thank you Stacey for thinking of me, from the bottom of my heart.
1. The youngest of nine (hence the blog name)(parents had a lot of free time, don't know how with so many kids)
2. Hate cold weather (good thing we live in TX now)
3. Love Almond Joy (always feel like a nut)
4. Always making something (hands never idle, sometimes slow but never idle)
5. Wish I could talk to dead people (it would be interesting)
6. Don't like open cabinets nor drawers (my hubby said it's OCD, but last I checked he's no Dr.)
7. Always wanted a pet monkey (again, don't judge)
This is extremely hard, since there are so many great blogs out there, so this Versatile Blog Award goes to:
1. Regan at Emora Designs, she is so talented and the sweetest person ever.
2. Stephanie at With a Grin, the fun and the sweetness just warms you.
3. Ivett at Ivett Carrillo Designs, also talented.
4. Leslie at Scraps of Mine, yes, cute and talented.
5. Terri at TeriBeri's Creations, yes, very sweet.
6. Regina at All Things Pretty, so warm and talented.
7. Carrie at Greenbean's Crafterole, can make something out of nothing.
8. Jenne at Your Fairy Craft Mama, sweet.
9. Elsa at Just A Few Designs, very creative.
10. Elizabeth at 217 Creations, love her albums.
11. Connie at 2 Krafty Girls, check out her etsy shop.
12. Bona at Keep on Scrappin, she never stops creating.
13. Funny at In My Mind It's Always Funny, oh the humor and shopping picks.
14. Carrie at Dittle Dattle, amazing tips and tutorials on transforming a room.
15. Katie at Crafting with Katie, beautiful cards.
I will let each and every blogger know about their award.
Have a wonderful and creative day. Gloria