Monday, August 30, 2010

Cards, Crops and Cardstock

There are times that life gets so busy, for me its the beginning of summer, beginning of school through New Year (and some times in between).
 
Lately I have been setting a few things aside for a scrap/craft sale for this weekend as well as making cards and some Christmas gift tags to sell as well, here a few samples:

I joined a meet-up group back in April, they have a couple of monthly crops, well I have been postponing this since then, you see I really like to scrap alone therefore a bit intimidated going to a place where I don't know anyone.  So, I went online and RSVP'd yes, figuring that I will force myself to go and therefore accomplish something or at least get rid on my fear.  It was from 10am to 11pm, (way too long for my first time) but did manage to stay until 4pm.

Well to my surprise it was nice to meet other people that enjoy creating.  They were very nice and talented and very helpful.  Needless to say I chatted a bit and didn't accomplish much, I took a couple of minis that I desperately need to finish (almost but didn't).  And then, there was someone selling scrapbooking supplies, lots!  It will take me too long to describe everything but I will tell some of what I bought:

Glimmer mist, Stickles, Ice Stickles (trying this for the first time), Transfer titles by My Mind's Eye, French Twist word rubons from Autumn Leaves (so adorable), Textured and Glittered Halloween rubons from My Little Yellow Bicycle (stinkin cute), Petaloo Dahlia box green/brown blend.

And also some Teresa Collins cardstock, I never used anything from her line but I am LOVING this cardstock...I see a mini coming to mind, here are some 12x12's from the Journal-it and Documented collections:


These are from the Journal-it Girl and Crush collections:

Until soon, meanwhile have fun creating!
Gloria

4 comments:

RosieNunjai said...

Hi Gloria! I just recently saw your post. Thank you for following me. I am so new at blogging and still need to dedicate more time to doing it. I am now following you also. Loved your blog! Where in Texas are you? I'm in Houston.

TheLastOfNine said...

Thanks Rocio, it is work keeping a blog going, but fun. I am in North TX.
Gloria

Regina Friedman said...

Your cards came out beautiful! I also like to craft alone Gloria. It's my quiet time for myself. In the fall I like to light a scented candle and play music and just get lost in my crafting. You purchased some really nice things! Have fun creating with it.

Regina

TheLastOfNine said...

Thank you Regina, went to another crop today and started to mingle a little with more others and got some work done (too many interruptions at home). Didn't think about crafting with a candle, I do like to listen to music, but sometimes I start singing a little too loud :-)